Creaturiste's Laboratory

Techniques, works in progress, and everything that doesn't fit in the portfolio. Comments and questions are encouraged, custom orders are welcome!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Home-made Blender Slurpie

Hi all,

Whenever I need healthy refreshements, which is everyday,
I make something along these lines...
It's fast, it's amazing.


Fill half a blender pitcher with frozen fruits of your choice.
I reccomend these different variations, because they are my favorites so far...
•Berries (blackberry, Blueberry, Raspberry, Strawberry)
•Fruit blend (watermelon, strawberries, honeydew, peaches, grapes)
•Berries+Maple Syrup
•Pickled ginger+juice of 2 lemons+sugar (this tastes like a spicy lemon pie!)


Add a little amount of sweetener (organic sugar, honey, or maple syrup are my usual)
Add a liquid of your choice (water, fruit juice, sweet tea, or even a milk or a milk replacement) to cover the fruit content completely, and add a little bit.
A pinch of salt completes it.
Some people may like, depending on the fruit choices, a tiny bit of spice, such as black pepper, which works really well with strawberries.
However, you do not want it to be overpworing, it's just there as a bonus dimension in taste.

Blend until smooth. If it doesn't move enough for your blender strength, use more liquid, stir by hand, and re-blend..

This mixture can be drunk with a big straw (like for Bubble Tea), or eaten with a spoon.

Also, it's amazing as a sherbet, but in this case I sometimes like to add a thickener, such as a raw egg, or a banana, but it is not really necessary. Use it in an ice-cream maker, or try this fantastically easy and economical method:
I modified that method a bit, I now use a larger plastic bucket to contain the ice & salt. Until I can find a proper flexible and durable container, I still use the plastic zip bag to hold my ingredients. However, a leak usually appears after one use. The slightly damaged bags can be washed and reused to store dry things that are larger than particules, such as craft supplies!

Enjoy!

No comments: